Schaumburg Township is grateful to the many volunteers who dedicate their time and talent to support our residents. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Kim Kettel, Senior Services Support Specialist, at 847-285-4541 or email@example.com. Due to COVID-19, many opportunities are currently on hiatus. However, please contact us if you are interested and we can update you as things change. Here are a variety of opportunities available:
- Committee Member – there are three committees which serve in an advisory capacity for the township: Mental Health, Persons with Disabilities, and Senior Citizens. Please see the “Committee” tab for more details. Members serve a multi-year term and attend monthly meetings.
- Employment Services Career Coach – assist job seekers with resume writing, interview questions, and other support in their job hunt.
- Illinois Telecommunications Access Corp (ITAC) Testing Assistant – help eligible clients select an amplified free phone by testing the equipment with them.
- LIHEAP Energy Services Technician – after completing a training by the Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County, Energy Services Technician volunteers can help clients apply for programs to help with their utility costs.
- Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Counselor – after completing a four-day training by the Illinois Department on Aging, you can assist people with Medicare understand their benefits, troubleshoot issues, and evaluate their choices.
- Senior and Disability Services Reception Aide – volunteers help greet clients, answer phones, schedule appointments, as well as help with a variety of other clerical tasks.
We are currently accepting donations of handmade cloth masks to be distributed to older adults or persons with disabilities at no cost. If you are able to make masks, please contact us about a donation.
Volunteerism is a great way to support the community. Devote yourself to your community creating something that gives you purpose and meaning!
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FORM Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.