Committee for Persons with Disabilities (CFPD)
The CFPD is a nine-member volunteer group that serves as an advisory council to Disability Services and the Township of Schaumburg Board of Trustees. The Committee seeks to
- Promote and advocate for an inclusive and optimal quality of life for residents with disabilities.
- Support services and programs available to persons with disabilities.
- Assist in the development goals, objectives, and policies for Disability Services.
- Provide outreach to community about services and opportunities.
- Make recommendations for annual grant funding to agencies who serve persons with disabilities and their care partners.
CFPD currently has three membership vacancies. Applicants must reside in Schaumburg Township, pass a background check, and provide a resume. Committee members should be a person with a disability, a primary caregiver or guardian of a person with a disability, or a person with advance skill, knowledge, or experience serving people with disabilities. The Township Board approves members to the Committee. The CFPD accepts applications year-round. Please contact Megan Conway, Director of Senior and Disability Services at (847)884-0030 for more information or to request and application. You can also click here for an electronic version.
CFDC MembersMark Chereso
Micki Coppel – Chairperson
Diane Dunham - Trustee Liaison