- Schaumburg Township Assessor
- Cook County Assessor
- Cook County Board of Review Commissioner
- Cook County Clerk
- Cook County Treasurer (312) 603-5100
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Cook County Recorder of Deeds
The Schaumburg Township Assessor’s office is a liaison to the Cook County Assessor’s office. The mission of the Assessor’s office is to assist Schaumburg Township residents with accurate and prompt service. Our office utilizes computerized software linked to the Cook County Assessor’s records, allowing staff to access information on properties within Schaumburg Township.
Residential Property Tax Exemptions
Homeowner’s Exemption, Senior Citizen Exemption, Senior Freeze Exemption, Veterans’ Exemption, Disabled Persons’ Exemption. Read more
Appealing Your Assessment
If you believe your assessed valuation is too high our staff can assist you with filing an appeal. Read more
Coffee with the Assessor
Enjoy a meeting with Assessor Lawson! Come meet your Township Assessor John Lawson to learn about your property assessment or how to file appeals. The program allows township residents with five or more guests to host a private seminar/presentation with Assessor Lawson to discuss property tax-related issues, concerns or questions. The presentation can be held at a resident’s home (yard/patio), local library or in the local community. Some of the areas discussed are:
- What does the Assessor do and what services does his office provide to the residents?
- What are the appeal processes at the Cook County Assessor’s Office and the Cook County Board of Review? Why are appeals important?
- What is the Triennial and how does that impact my tax bill?
- Who decides the dollar amount of my property tax bill?
- Have I exhausted all my exemption options?
- Why is my second tax bill not 55% on my first?
- How do I change my name or address on my tax property bill?
- What can a resident do if his or her tax bill is incorrect when mailed by the Treasurer?
To host your own Coffee with the Assessor or for assistance regarding county-related questions, please call the Assessor’s Office at 847-884-0030 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press ReleaseJuly 2021: Updated Cook County Second Installment Property Tax Bills Mailing Delayed
July 2021: Cook County Second Installment Property Tax Bills Mailing Delayed
June 2021: Cook County Residential Property Tax Appeals Period Open Now-July 19
February 2021: First Installment Property Tax Bills Due March 2nd; Penalty Delayed Until May 3rd 2020
November 2020: Board of Review Residential Property Tax Appeals Period
June 2020: One Year Automatic Renewal of Property Tax Exemptions Passed by Illinois Governor
February 2020: First Installment Taxes Due March 3
January 2020: Senior Freeze and Senior Exemptions
December 2019: Board of Review Property Appeal Dates and Seminar
August 2019: Illinois House Bill 833 Signed by Governor
August 2019: Residential Property Tax Assessment Appeal Dates
July 2019: Possible Miscalculation in Property Bills - Check your bills
July 2019: Illinois House Bill 833
July 2019: Tax Sale Outreach
April 2019: Property After Death Forum May 4
February 2019: First Installment Taxes Due March 1