Posted by: katytrent / Category: Featured Programs
Vaccine Appointment Hunter Recap
COVID 19 Vaccine Hunter
Tips and Tricks to Finding a Vaccination Appointment
Download this information here.
Cook County Vaccination Sites
Currently Vaccinating 1a and 1b.
County provides notification when they will do a large release of appointments
Appointments made via vaccine.cookcountyil.gov or by calling 833-308-1988
Des Plaines Vaccination Center
1155 E. Oakton St. Des Plaines, IL 60018
Approximately 13.6 miles/22 minutes from the Township (Johnson & Johnson 1 dose)
2000 5th Ave, River Grove, IL 60171
Approximately 22 miles/30 minutes from the Township. (Pfizer)
1901 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60612
Approximately 30 miles/37 minutes from the (Pfizer)
Tinley Park Convention Center
18451 Convention Center Dr, Tinley Park, IL 60477
Approximately 52 Minutes/49 Miles from the Township (Moderna)
South Suburban College – Physical Fitness and Athletic Center
15800 State St, South Holland, IL 60473
54 minutes/46 miles from Township (Pfizer)
Cook County Vaccination Site Tips
Calling 833-308-1988 you will be able to access cancelled appointments. Recommended to call at 7am.
On dates the County releases a large number appointments, make sure to be signed on and ready to book an appointment. Keep refreshing the page and they typically release appointments over the course of an hour. You can also call the vaccine hotline as a certain number of appointments are held specifically for over the phone appointments.
If you have a specific location you would like to go, call back often to inquire about available appointments.
Pharmacies Offering Vaccinations
- CVS (Primarily in Chicago and south/central Illinois. New locations announced regularly)
- Walmart (Chicago, Rockford, Rochelle, Wheeling, Darien, Glen Ellyn, Gurnee, Cicero)
- Hy-Vee (closest location Sycamore)
- Sam’s Club – Locations Pending
Most pharmacies, but not all are accepting 1a, 1b, and 1b+.
Pharmacy Registrations & Appointments
866-211-5320 for over the phone assistance
Release appointments throughout the day, at random. Calling number you may be able to pick up a cancelled appointment.
- Register at https://clinic.meijer.com/, by texting COVID to 75049 or calling your local Meijer Pharmacy
- After registration, Meijer will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.
- When your turn is up, Meijer will text an invite link to you with available clinic dates and times.
- To reserve your place, please respond to the invite link with I accept, I defer, or Remove me.
Set up a MyWalgreens Account
An individual Walgreens account must be set up for each person using a unique email address.
If you don’t have an email address, set one up using free email platforms such as Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.. We can also help!
Make sure you fill out ALL of your profile information after registering. If you fail to fill out your profile, you may experience challenges when trying to book an appointment later.
Finding an Appointment
Most days, Walgreens will release appointments at 6:00am. You have to sign on just before 6:00am and be ready to schedule at 6:00am.
The easiest way to schedule an appointment with Walgreens is online or through the App. You can call 1-800-925-4733 or go online https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-vaccine.jsp If your account is fully set up, you can go through the automated process to schedule an appointment
Please know, Walgreens website and phone experience a lot of technical issues. It’s not you, its them!
- Step 1: go to Walgreens.com and click COVID 19 Vaccination Information
- Step 2: Click on Find Appointments, then Schedule New Appointment
- Step 3: Enter Zip Code. Walgreens will search a 25 mile radius over three days.
- Step 4: If appointments are available, you will get a green box, saying appointments are available then asking you to verify you are eligible. If under 65, just click meet my county's requirements.
- Step 5: After verifying eligibility, it will ask you to enter a zip code again. Then to view available appointments. Sometimes you will get a green appointment available only to go through the verification process and find out no appointments are in fact available. Just means someone already took it. If you are on promptly at 6am (mostly Tuesday it was 7am), you will find an appointment with ease.
- Step 6: Take a picture of the confirmation!
*When scheduling your first dose you have to schedule your 2nd dose. If no 2nd dose appointments are available, you will receive this message: “We don’t have any available appointments coming up within your area. You can change the location or check back soon! Appointment availability updates hourly. Please come back later to schedule your Dose 1 and Dose 2 appointments. We don’t have enough timeslots available to book both of your appointments.”
Available by phone at 877-723-3929
Search based on zip codes
Do not need an individual account but you MUST have an email address. The same email address can be used for multiple appointments.
Appointments typically open over the weekend, for the following week
2nd appointment will be automatically scheduled exactly 4 weeks from first date of appointment.
Appear to be adding option for Johnson & Johnson shot on scheduling tool
Loyola HospitalDo not need to be a current patient of Loyola. Steps to booking with Loyola:
- Call Loyola at (708) 216-8300 and request to set up an online MyChart account and activation code.
- Once you have an account, go to https://myloyola.luhs.org/mychart to sign in
- Click on “Visits” on the top of the page, then click on “Schedule an Appointment”
- Click on “COVID Vaccine.” This will lead you through a series of questions to make sure you are eligible for the Vaccine and ask you preferred location.
- It will then lead you to available appointments. By choosing any location, you will end up with the widest variety of appointments
Gottlieb Memorial Hospital
701 W. North Avenue, Melrose Park
19 miles from the Township/ 30 minutes
Loyola Mulcahy Center
2160 S 1st Avenue, Maywood
22 miles/40 minutes from the Township
3249 Oak Park Avenue, Berwyn
26 miles/50 minutes from the Township
- Rush University Hospital
- Northwest Community Hospital Network
- Alexian Brothers/AMITA Hospital Network
- University of Illinois Chicago
- University of Chicago
- Central DuPage Hospital
- DuPage Medical Group
- Swedish Covenant
- Loretto Hospital
- Lovell Federal Health Care
- Jesse Brown VA
- Hines VA
Other Area Resources
Please note, each resource has different guidelines for appointments. For the most up to date information, please contact the provider.
Innovative Express Care – www.innovativecorona.com
Greater Elgin Family Care Center
Hanover Park, Streamwood, Wheeling and McHenry locations are open to the general public 1a and 1b. Call 847-608-1344, 630-313-5300 or 815-363-9900 for an appointment.
Chicago Vaccine Hunters
The Chicago Vaccine Hunters Facebook page was started by a teenage high school student who was helping his grandparents and neighbors access appointments. The group shares resources, answers questions, and provides notifications when different locations open appointments. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1864372350383607
The group also has “Vaccine Angels” which are volunteers dedicated to helping find vaccine appointments for those in need.
Please note, in order for someone to register you for a vaccine, you will need to provide name, address, DOB, phone and email. Your social security number is not needed and should never be provided. Be careful when providing your private information to strangers.