- Age Options
- CEDA Energy Hotline
- Circuit Breakers
- Cook County Treasurer
- FLU HOTLINE
- Kenneth Young Center
- Illinois Department of Aging
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Illinois Housing Development Authority
- Secretary of State
- Senior Health Insurance Program
(SHIP) (800) 548-9034
- Social Security Administration
- State of Illinois Veterans Care
The mission of the Senior Services Department is to provide quality services to our senior population while maintaining their independence and dignity. The Senior Services Department provides services to senior residents of Schaumburg that are 60 years of age and older.
Senior Program Assistance
The Senior Services Department assists senior residents of Schaumburg Township with a variety of social and recreational programs, transportation services, and special assistance in areas ranging from legal aid to medical insurance. Read more
The Senior Services Department works alongside the Transportation Department in assisting senior residents of Schaumburg Township with their various transportation needs. Read more
A Veterans Service Officer is available every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., no appointment necessary. Information and assistance applying for benefits and services is available to all Schaumburg Township Veterans.
Schaumburg Township hosts a variety of support groups for senior and disabled residents of Schaumburg Township. Please call prior to attending the scheduled meeting to check on space availability.
- Epilepsy Support Group
- Fibromyalgia Support Group
Recreation and Cultural Trips
The Senior Services Department hosts weekly social and recreational activities for Schaumburg Township residents.
- Grocery Shopping – Reservations made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Walking Group - Mondays & Wednesday ~ 9:30 - 10:30am
- Knit/Crochet Club - Open to public ~ Fridays 9am - 11:30am
- Senior Yoga Class - Wednesdays ~ 10:30 - 11:15am *Fee $35 for 10 visits
- Pinochle Club - Open to public ~ Mondays 11am - 2pm
- Retail Shopping; Reservations made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Thursday Lunch Bingo Social; Reservations made at least 48 hours in advance.
Senior Citizens Services Committee (SCSC)
The Senior Citizens Services Committee is an advisory committee to the senior services department. The role of this volunteer committee is to keep the department and township board apprised of the needs of the township's senior population and to work with the department and the township board to meet those needs.
- Upcoming Events (Recreation/Cultural Trips)
- Register Online for Upcoming Events
Friday Afternoon at the Movies
Horse Racing & Games for Prizes