- Schaumburg Township Assessor
- Cook County Assessor
- Cook County Board of Review Commissioner
- Cook County Clerk
- Cook County Treasurer (312) 603-5100
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Cook County Recorder of Deeds
Appealing Your Assessment
Board of Review Property Assessment Appeals Period Begins November 28
The Township of Schaumburg Assessor’s Office will assist Township residents in processing and filing property tax appeals with the Cook County Board of Review from November 28 - December 27, 2018.
Residents can appeal regardless of recent appeals with the Cook County Assessor’s Office and/or the Cook County Board of Review. Over-assessment appeals can be made for the following reasons:
- If your property’s improvement value is assessed higher, per square foot, than other properties in your neighborhood of similar size, style, and construction.
- If the stated market value for your property is higher than the property's actual market value. An appraisal report or recent sales contract is needed.
- If the property description is incorrect. A minor error does not necessarily indicate an incorrect assessment.
Residents with questions or need of assistance should call or visit the Township of Schaumburg Assessor’s Office at (847) 884-0030 between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Monday – Friday.
Property owners have three venues through which they may appeal their assessments. The first place you may appeal is the Cook County Assessor’s Office. If you do not appeal to the County Assessor, or if the reduction granted is too small, you may then appeal to the Cook County Board of Review. Your last chance for assessment reduction is with the Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB). However, you may not appeal to the PTAB unless you have already appealed to the Board of Review.
How to File an Appeal
Below is a step-by-step guide to assist you with filing your appeal online. You may also print or save the entire guide by clicking here.