Caregiver Support Group – COMING SOON!
The Township is pleased to announce a support group for caregivers will be launching soon! The group is intended to support caregivers of people with dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease, as well as other conditions. Please contact 847-884-0030 to be added to our interest list – we’ll notify you when the group starts!
Caring Together – COMING SOON!
Are you caring for a person with Alzheimer’s Disease, related dementia, or mild cognitive impairment? Join us for a weekly drop-in session to spend time together. The group will have a variety of activities, exercise, snacks, and conversation. Caregivers and Person with memory loss will participate in the session together. All ability levels are welcome, but please note that we do not have a nurse on staff. Assistance with toileting, bathing, feeding, or medications will not be provided. There is no fee for this session. Please contact 847-884-0030 to be added to our interest list – we’ll notify you when the group starts!
Deaf Social/Support Group
- 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10 AM
- Call Sarita, Deaf Services Coordinator, at 224-520-9765 (VP) for more details
- Click here for the current group’s flyer
- The group is facilitated by our Deaf Services Coordinator in ASL. Monthly sessions are held to offer socialization, fellowship, and general information on a variety of topics.
Diabetes Support Group
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 10:30 AM
- Facilitated by Nurse Josie Gould, MS
- Open to anyone with a diabetes or pre-diabetes diagnosis
Fibromyalgia Support Group
- 4th Tuesday of the month at 7 PM
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be added to the email list
- The support group is peer-led and a great resource for those who are dealing with fibromyalgia