- Schaumburg Township Highway Department
- Cook County Highway Department Main Office
- Cook County Problem Reporting 24 Hour Phone
- Cook County Construction Zones
- Cook County Future Improvements/Traffic Problems
- Cook County Highway Department District 1
- Village of Schaumburg Public Works
- Village of Schaumburg Public Information
- Village of Hoffman Estates Public Works
- Rolling Meadows Public Works
- Elk Grove Village of Public Works
- Roselle Public Works
- Streamwood Public Works
- Hanover Public Works
A Message from the Highway Commissioner
Being the Highway Commissioner of Schaumburg Township is a rewarding experience as we continue the proud tradition of providing excellent services to our un-incorporated residents. A frequent question which I encounter from residents of the municipalities is "why should I pay road district taxes". A little known fact is that half of the levied taxes are returned to the municipalities for their public works departments. Our staff will continue to provide the high caliber of service to which the residents of the unincorporated area have become accustomed. If you have any concerns regarding our department please do not hesitate to contact me.
Scott M. Kegarise
Schaumburg Township Highway Commissioner
The mission of the Highway Department is to service and maintain the unincorporated roads, bridges, and road right of ways for the residents in unincorporated Schaumburg Township in a prompt, courteous, and fiscally responsible manner.
Highway Department Services
The mission of the Highway Department is to service and maintain the unincorporated rpads, and right right of ways for the residents in unincorporated Schaumburg Township in a prompt, courteous, and fiscally responsible manner.Read more
Highway Department Budget Information
Please visit our FOIA - Request for Public Record page if you are seeking more information than what has been provided.
2015 Highway Department Schedule
- Right-of-way maintenance to all unincorporated roads of Schaumburg Township. We ask that residents help maintain their own parkway.
- Participation on the EOWA Tollway Auhtority Committee to update residents regarding improvements in noise walls, ongoing constructions plans.
- Continuation of road re-surfacing, road networks are re-evaluated every year and road re-surfacing projects will go out to competitive bid when available.
- Roadway sign maintenance of unincorporated areas.
- Yearly painting of white stripes at stop sign locations for the safety of our residents, friends and families who are not familiar with the neighborhoods.
- Participation in the S.W.A.P. Program, free labor force provided by the Sheriff's Work Alternative Program.
- Implementation of a program that would limit the pollutants discharged into our storm sewer systems and water run-off systems.
Calendar Of Events