- Circuit Breakers
- Secretary of State
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Social Security Administration
- State of Illinois Veterans Care
- Illinois Housing Development Authority
Call for Art!
Disability Services is pleased to announce a “Call for Art” from Township residents living with a disability. We invite all artists with disabilities residing in the Township to submit one piece of original artwork for display in the Disability Services Department at One Illinois Blvd, Hoffman Estates. All artists will receive a token of appreciation, and some may be selected for permanent display. A reception for artists and a display of all submissions will be held in fall 2019.
- Limit one piece of original artwork per artist
- Any age or experience level
- Pieces should be any two-dimensional type of work (like pencil drawing, crayon drawing, painting, photography, etc.)
- We kindly request that pieces be no larger than 18” x 24”
- Artists are asked to submit their work from August 1 through August 31
- To enter, artists should submit their artwork to: Schaumburg Township Disability Services, One Illinois Blvd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. Artists should include their name, address, age and nature of disability as well as the title, medium and description of artwork (if applicable).
The mission of the Disability Services Department is to promote awareness of the needs and concerns of citizens with disabilities, and to generate services, information and programs to address those needs and concerns.
The Disability Services Department assists residents of Schaumburg Township with disabilities with a variety of services and acts as a referral and information resource center for many programs offered to the Disabled Community. Read more
The Disability Services Department works alongside the Transportation Department in assisting Schaumburg Township residents with disabilities with various transportation needs. Read more
The Disability Services Department provides a Deaf Services Coordinator, fluent in American Sign Language, who is able to assist the Deaf Community with their various needs. Weekly health and benefit programs are available by email or calling VP (224) 520-9763.
Schaumburg Township hosts a variety of support groups for Schaumburg Township residents with disabilities. Please call prior to attending the scheduled meeting to check on space availability.
- Fibromyalgia Support Group
Committee for Persons with Disabilities (CFPD)
The CFPD is a 10 member volunteer group that acts in an advisory capacity to the Disability Services Department and the Town Board.