- U.S. Department of State
- National Archive
- Cook County Clerk
- Bureau of Vital Records
- Elections Department
for Cook County
- Election Judges
- Absentee Voting
- Voting Accessibility
Obtaining a U.S. Passport Book and/or U.S. Passport Card
MONDAY – FRIDAY
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
*Office hours may vary if staff is unavailable. We suggest calling our office prior to arriving to verify hours of service.
U.S. Passport Book
If you are traveling out of the country by air, you are required to obtain a U.S. Passport Book to allow entry upon your return. The U.S. Passport Book can be used for all forms of travel which include air, land, and sea.
U.S. Passport Card
The processing times for the U.S. Passport Book and U.S. Passport Card are the same. Please allow yourself enough time to obtain a U.S. Passport Book and/or Card. Processing times will vary during the year. Currently, there is a 4-6 weeks wait to obtain your U.S. Passport Book and/or Card but it is not guaranteed.
You will need to bring the following to the Township:
- The completed DS-11 application (unsigned).
- A certified original copy of your birth certificate issued by the county or state you were born in. Naturalized citizens must provide their original certificate of naturalization.
- If you have an expired passport book/card, more than 15 years old from the issue date, you will be required to submit it with your application. If your previous passport is lost or stolen, you will be required to fill out a DS-64 form along with your DS-11 application.
- Proof of identity: Valid Drivers License or State ID.
- U.S. Passport Book fees are $110.00 for adults and $80.00 for minors 15 years of age and under.
- U.S. Passport Card fees are $30.00 for adults and $15.00 for minors 15 years of age and under.
- Payment for the the U.S. Passport Book/Card is paid by check or money order per application payable to the U.S. Department of State. We will not be able to accept credit/debit cards for passport fees. An additional $25.00 processing fee will be charged per application payable by cash, check, debit or credit card to the Township of Schaumburg.
- Two (2) passport photo 2" x 2" in size.
If you are planning to expedite your application (U.S. Passport Book only), there will be an additional charge of $60.00 (adult and children). Currently, there is a 2-3 week wait to obtain your passport if you expedite your application.
Minors fifteen (15) years of age and under must be accompanied by both parents or submit an original legal document stating sole legal custody has been granted to one parent. If the other parent cannot be present, you must submit a notarized DS-3053 parental consent form with the child’s application with a front and back copy of the consenting parents Drivers License/State ID.
Minors sixteen (16) years of age and over with a goverment-issued ID such as a Drivers License may apply by themselves, however without knowledge of parental consent it may delay the process of obtaining the U.S. Passport Book and/or Card. It is recommended that minors (between 16 and 17 years of age) be accompanied by at least one parent to ackonwledge parental consent. If a minor (between 16 and 17 years of age) has been issued a previous U.S. Passport they are not required to submit a certified original birth certificate, they will be required to submit their previous U.S. Passport.
First time applicants or minors under the age of 18 renewing a passport are required to fill out a DS-11 application.
If you have a passport that was issued less than 15 years ago and you are 18 years or older you are required to fill out a DS-82 application form. Renewal Passport Applications are done by mail and do not need the assistance of an acceptance agent.
If you are applying for a minor (15 years old or younger), both parents are required to be present during the processing of the application. If one parent cannot be present, he/she will be required to submit a DS-3053 form and a front and back copy of his/her Driver's License, giving consent to the other parent to apply for the minor on behalf of both parents.
If you were issued a passport in the past, you are required to submit the most recent passport with your passport application. If you cannot locate your previous passport you will be required to fill out a DS-64 lost/stolen form with your passport application.
If you were issued a passport less than 1 year ago and your name has been legally changed due to marriage or court order than you may re-apply for your passport at no charge. However, if you require Expedited Service you will be responsible for that charge.
Calendar Of Events